LYNN NEWS ROUND-UP
FEBRUARY 10, 2021
See our COVID-19 related posts by clicking here.
Lynn is currently in Phase 3, Step 1 of the MA Reopening Plan. Click here for more info.
A vaccination site has opened at Lynn Tech, find
out more by clicking here.
Vaccination expanded to include caregivers for those 75+, tour of Lynn Tech vaccination site
Only one caregiver is permitted to schedule an appointment with each 75+ resident. Caregivers will be required to self-attest that they are accompanying a 75+ person. Appointments for 75+ people and their caregivers should be scheduled for the same day, as close together as possible. If a caregiver is accompanying a 75+ person to their second dose, they may still schedule an appointment for themselves for their first dose, and then come alone to their second dose appointment.
Learn more at mass.gov/covidvaccine75
Lynn Public Schools meal
- Friday, February 12th | 5 days of meals will be served
- Monday: February 15th | CLOSED
- Wednesday, February 17th | 5 days of meals will be served, Wednesday PM meal distribution will remain the same
- Monday: February 19th | CLOSED
- Regular meal service will resume on Monday, February 22nd.
A list of locations, in English & Spanish, is below.
The above info. is courtesy of the Lynn Public Schools.
Updates for MassDOT’s Statewide Renumbering Project
The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) is in the process of converting all exit numbers on freeways to a milepost-based numbering system, per Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) requirements. Construction began in the Fall of 2020 and is anticipated to be complete by Summer 2021.
Exit renumbering conversion is compete on the following corridors:
- Route 140 – between Taunton and New Bedford
- Interstate 195 – between Wareham and Seekonk
- State Route 25 – between Wareham and Bourne
- State Route 3 – between Braintree and Bourne
- US Route 6 – between Orleans and Bourne
- Interstate 90 – between Boston and West Stockbridge
- Interstate 295 – between North Attleboro and Attleboro
- State Route 24 – between Randolph and Fall River
- US Route 3 – between Tyngsborough and Burlington
The remaining corridors, with the known anticipated start dates and locations, are as follows:
- State Route 128
- Start date: Feb 10
- Location: Gloucester to Peabody
- Interstate 95
- Start date: Feb 21
- I-95 will be broken up into four segments
- Between the NH Border and Route 120
- Between the Route 1 Interchange and Route 20
- Between the I-90 Interchange and Westwood/Canton
- Between Neponset Street and and the RI Border
- Interstate 84
- Start date: Feb 28
- Location: I-90 interchange in Sturbridge to the Connecticut border
- Interstate 93
- Location: Based on their locations along the existing mile markers, existing Exits 1 (Canton) through 12 (Boston/Neponset) will not be renumbered. Exit renumbering will begin at existing Exit 13 (Boston/Dorchester) and continue to existing Exit 48 (Methuen).
- Interstate 91
- State Route 146
- Interstate 190
- State Route 2
- Interstate 495
- Interstate 395
- Interstate 295
From Mayor McGee’s office: The Lynn Public Health Department has confirmed that as of today, the number of active, confirmed positive COVID-19 cases is 1,313 with 61 new cases today. 13,549 Lynn residents have recovered and 184 have died. The total number of confirmed positive COVID-19 cases in Lynn since March 21, 2020, including those who have died and recovered, is 15,046. Please visit the City of Lynn COVID-19 Data Dashboard which is updated daily.
Please visit http://www.ci.lynn.ma.us/covid19/resources.shtml#p7GPc1_2 for the most up to date COVID-19 testing information, as well as more detailed information on the State and City of Lynn’s Reopening Guidelines. We will continue to provide regular updates on COVID-19 through the City website (www.lynnma.gov), social media, and the Smart 911 emergency notification system (sign up at www.smart911.com).