On this episode of “What’s Cooking?” Chef Merry makes some lemondoodles! This recipe takes the texture of a snickerdoodle and infuses delicious lemons into it. It’s a great cookie for a change of pace and sure to be a hit at your next gathering. The full recipe can be found on our blog: http://www.lynntv.org/blog/wc11-lemondoodles/
For those that want to print & try this recipe you can take it from below. A quick note: we will not be producing an episode in October, but plan to be back in November.
- 2/3 cup | Butter
- 3/4 cup (plus 1/3 cup) | Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon | Vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups | All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon | Cream of tartar
- 1/3 teaspoon | Baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon | Salt
- 1 teaspoon (plus 1/2 teaspoon) | Lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon | Lemon juice
NOTE: You will need an additional sugar and of lemon zest later in the recipe, to roll dough around in.
- Preheat oven to 350˚ & line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter with the sugar, until light & fluffy.
- Add the egg & vanilla, mix to combine. Add the lemon zest & juice, then stir until everything is incorporated.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, & salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Stir until it is all fully incorporated, then refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
- In a small bowl add the extra lemon zest and sugar and stir together while pressing the zest down. Do this until the sugar gains a light yellow color.
- Scoop balls of dough and roll to form a ball. Roll the balls in the lemon sugar mixture until they are well coated.
- Place the balls 2 inches apart on the cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are very lightly brown.
Let us know what you think, and how it went if you decided to make it yourself. I’m also always willing to try new things, so feel free to email recipe recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org.