On this episode of “What’s Cooking?” Chef Merry makes some cornbread. This is perhaps the simplest & quickest recipe we’ve done yet, and can be paired with many meals. We actually paired this with a chili, which will be shown in the next episode!
Many cornbread recipes will call for oil, but we decided to use butter instead to get a little extra flavor. We’ll also spread a little bit of butter on top before cutting into the cornbread. Essentially, we like butter with this.
Please note that this is the one of several episodes filmed with Dave’s iPhone & minimal equipment during the COVID-19 pandemic. It is his hope to release videos every other week during the next month or two.
For those that want to print & try this recipe you can take it from below.
- 1 1/4 cups | All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup | Sugar
- 2 teaspoons | Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon | Salt
- 1 cup | Milk
- 1/4 cup | Butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400˚ & grease a 9-inch pan.
- Put all dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Put in the wet ingredients and stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour batter into a greased 9-inch pan then bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
Let us know what you think, and how it went if you decided to make it yourself. I’m also always willing to try new things, so feel free to email recipe recommendations to email@example.com.