July 25, 2018
By David Riley Jr.
Lynn, MA – On the second episode of our newest web series, “What’s Cooking?” we make blondies! This desert is a delicious fusion of cookies and brownies, with the shape and texture of a brownie but the taste of a cookie.
For those that want to print & try this recipe you can take it from below:
- 1.5 teaspoons – vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon – baking powder
- 1/2 cup – semi-sweet chocolate chip
- 1/2 cup – white chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon – salt
- 2 large eggs
- 12 tablespoons – butter, melted & cooled
- 1.5 cups – light brown sugar, packed
- 1.5 cups – all-purpose flour
- OPTIONAL STIR-INS: 1 cup – pecans, toasted & coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350˚ & grease a 9×9 pan, or line with foil.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, & salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk the brown sugar & butter in a bowl, until combined.
- Add the vanilla & eggs, and mix well.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the mixture, using a rubber spatula, until just combined. It is important to not over-mix.
- Fold in the white & semisweet chocolate chips.
- At this point you would also add in the pecans, if you choose to include them.
- Pour the batter into the pan, & smooth out the top.
- Bake in the oven for 22-25 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack to let cool completely, then serve.
Let us know what you think, and how it went if you decided to make it yourself. I’m also always willing to try new things, so feel free to email recipe recommendations to email@example.com.