August 21, 2018
By David Riley Jr.
Lynn, MA – On this episode of our “What’s Cooking?” we make a chicken enchilada pasta! This dish combines pasta with elements of a chicken enchilada to create a great-tasting, and fast, dinner.
With this dish you can kick up the spice level a little by getting a hotter taco seasoning or adding your favorite hot sauce when combining all the ingredients.
For the chicken you can just heat up some frozen chicken, grill up or poach some chicken breasts…whatever you want to do. This recipe is very flexible and you can easily do and add many things to it.
For those that want to print & try this recipe you can take it from below:
- 10 ounces – Enchilada sauce
- 2 cups – Penne pasta
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 3/4 to 1 cup – Shredded cheese
- 2 cups – Shredded chicken
- 15 ounces – Black Beans (drained & rinsed)
- 10 ounces – Diced tomatoes (optionally with green chillis)
- 1.5 cups – Water
- OPTIONAL: 1 cup of corn, hot sauce, cilantro, & sour cream
- In a large skillet over high heat combine the pasta, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, & water. Heat to a boil, stirring occasionally
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add in chicken, beans, & taco seasoning.
- If desired, this would be when you would add in corn & hot sauce.
- Stir to combine, then cover and let simmer for 20 minutes (or until pasta is tender). Stir occasionally, as pasta will stick to the bottom.
- Turn heat off & stir in cheese.
- Serve immediately, with optional toppings.
Let us know what you think, and how it went if you decided to make it yourself. I’m also always willing to try new things, so feel free to email recipe recommendations to email@example.com.