On this episode of our “What’s Cooking?” Chef Dave makes pumpkin spice snickerdoodles! The holidays are a perfect time to do some baking, and these cookies are great for any gathering.
I know, I know…”pumpkin spice is everywhere“. I’ve never been a fan of pumpkin spice, but this cookie makes it work very well.
For those that want to print & try this recipe you can take it from below:
- 1.5 cups – All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup – White sugar
- 1/3 cup – Brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup – Unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1 teaspoon – Vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon – Baking soda
- 1/3 teaspoon – Cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon – Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon – Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon – Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon – Allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon – Clove
- 1/8 teaspoon – Nutmeg
NOTE: You will need additional white sugar & cinnamon for the rolling sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350˚
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, kosher salt, cinnamon, ginger, clove, allspice, & nutmeg in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, & brown sugar using a rubber spatula in a large bowl.
- Add in egg & vanilla, then mix together.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until just combined. Chill in fridge for at least 1 hour before using.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup of white sugar & 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- After 1 hour, create small balls from the dough & roll around in the sugar mixture to coat. Push down slightly onto a cookie sheet, then put in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Optionally, you can sprinkle some cinnamon sugar while hot.
Let us know what you think, and how it went if you decided to make it yourself. I’m also always willing to try new things, so feel free to email recipe recommendations to email@example.com.